To become a reader you need to register and get a library card.
Documents required to obtain a library card:
1. Identity card
2. Photo (photo can be done office registration)
3. The ticket is issued free of charge for 5 years. At the beginning of each academic year, re-registration is conducted.
Rules of using the services of the library
Sections of the library implement the universal provision of services.
The library provides services for free. Only certain types of services are paid, types and sizes of paid services are established by the administration.
• In the library, five books are issued for a house for three days.
• Valuable textbooks, references, or textbooks left in the last copy are not issued to the home
• Readers must present student documents upon receipt of the book.
• Books received from the library must be returned on time.
• Readers who have not submitted a book can not receive the book before returning the book.
• In the reading rooms, readers can receive the book only upon presentation of the record book.
• Violation of silence and order in reading rooms is prohibited.
• Readers can replace a lost or damaged book, the same book, its copy or the publication recognized by the library as equivalent. If there is no possibility, its real market value is produced.
• The issuance of a student’s credit record book to another person or the receipt of literature with someone else’s document
Rules for using the reading room
• The issuance of books in the reading room is done on a reader’s ticket.
• The issuance of books is completed by the reader in the form of a book in each edition.
• It is not allowed to enter the reading room with personal and library books, newspapers – magazines and other printed publications.
• It is forbidden to take literature out of the reading room. In case of violation of this rule, readers are deprived of the right to use the library for a period established by the library administration.
Rights and duties of the reader
Readers have the right:
* free use of the main types of library and information activities provided by the library;
* obtain consulting services for the search and selection of information sources;
* use the services of the electronic catalog and the Internet and other information in the library.
Readers are required to:
• To obtain a literature, present a library card and subscribe for each edition received in a book or reader form;
* Take care of books, printed works, other materials and the library’s property;
* return in due time received from the library edition.
The reader is not allowed:
* entrance to the library in ordinary clothes;
* entrance to the reading room with a bag;
* Violation of the silence and order in the premises of the library;
* Extraction of un-signed books from the library;
* damage to library publications (drawing marks on them, drawing, pulling out sheets, flushing the cover);
* the seizure of cards from files and catalogs;
* Unauthorized access to office space and book depositories.
Rights and duties of the library
The Library is entitled to:
* Keep constant control over the return to the library of books issued;
• If the reader refuses to replace lost or damaged publications, and lost or damaged publications sends them to the judicial authorities in order to collect from the reader in the amount of the real market value of this publication.
* The library organizes the maintenance of users in season tickets, reading rooms, and other places where books are issued.
* Provides readers with free library services.
* To develop scientific and educational activities, develops an electronic catalog, bibliographic files, lists, performs reference and information work.
* Together with the departments, he is engaged in the propaganda of significant printed works with the help of exhibitions, conferences and other forms of mass work.
* The fund is timely written off and cleared of obsolete literature.
* Maintains a file cabinet.
• Carries out the acquisition of the fund according to the profile of the departments and in accordance with the needs of users, carries out subscription to periodicals.
* Organizes a system of continuous improvement of the skills of library staff with a view to deepening professional competencies.
* Organizes the main, auxiliary funds of publications and provides their accounting, placement, storage mode
The library is obliged to:
* The University provides information services to faculty, students, masters and graduate students, employees in accordance with the needs;
* Advocacy and preservation of the scientific and cultural heritage accumulated in the library’s funds;
* Providing with necessary literature the knowledge and professional needs of users;
* Education of information culture of students, work skills in the library on the basis of modern technologies;
The library has the right:
* Based on the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the Library, provisions on the library of organizations of higher professional education of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the library independently determines:
• Specific implementation of the goals and objectives specified in this provision;
* Find sources of manning documents;
* Implement the rules for using the library;
* the user can replace the lost or damaged edition, the same publication or publication where the library is considered to be equivalent, in the absence of such an opportunity to recover its actual market value.
Liability of the library:
* Is responsible for the safety of the fund and its property, fire protection and other protection, provided that the premises of the library, equipped with security and fire alarm systems, metal doors and window grilles;
• timely recording and writing off of library documents;
* organization of continuous service for library users;
Structure of the library
1. The head of the library complex-Toksanbaeva Damira Nesipbaevna / tel: 22-14-30
2. The head of the educational-literary department of the library-Utarov Gulsim Musaev
3. The employee of the educational and literary department of the library-Erzhanova Myra
4. Librarian of the electronic library-Makhsutova Kamshat Bakytkizy
5. The employee of the reading room-Seydakhmetov Akmaral Omaradilovna
Address: South Kazakhstan Region, Shymkent, ul. Baytursynov 80, 1st floor, library
Library-information services for library users are provided free of charge.
Duties of the library:
* Replenishment of the book fund and ensuring their safety;
* high-quality library and information services;
* introduction and development of new information technologies;
* Implementation of national and international library and information projects.
In the reading rooms a report was made on the readers’ visit to the “days of the library” and the issuance of literature.
In 2013, the Library Fund uses a single reader card for 2,400 readers, including 2,166 students, 150 teachers, and 84 other readers. The number of visits of readers is 93130, the number of books issued is 279390 copies.